According to Arizona state law, it is illegal to manufacture dangerous drugs or own equipment that can be used to manufacture drugs. This applies not just to street drugs, but to prescription drugs and narcotics as well. One of the most common scenarios in which this charge would be applied is that of a suspected meth lab, though there are many other possible scenarios that could lead to the same charge. If you have recently been arrested and charged with manufacture of dangerous drugs, you may be wondering what steps to take next, as well as what kinds of possible punishment you could be facing.

If You’re Convicted

A manufacture of dangerous drugs charge can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the type of drug you’re charged with manufacturing and the amount. For example, if you are found guilty of manufacturing a drug that is supposed to be prescription-only, you will most likely be convicted of a class one misdemeanor. The punishment for this kind of charge can be up to six months in jail and a fine of several thousand dollars. In some cases, a year or less of probation may also be required.

Manufacture of dangerous drugs becomes a felony when you are believed to have been manufacturing narcotics, such as meth. This would be a class three felony, which is punishable by 8 or more years in prison, probation, and heavy fines. The specific punishment you would receive if convicted will also depend on other factors, such as how many offenses you have been charged with in the past. If you have one or more similar convictions on your record, you could actually face up to 16 years in prison, and that number only increases with each additional existing offense.

Keep in mind that some quantities of manufactured drugs may also fall into the category of “mandatory prison sentence,” which means there is no possibility of avoiding jail time if you are convicted.

Possible Defenses

If you have been charged with manufacture of dangerous drugs, keep in mind that you still have the right to defense in court. One of the most common defenses of this charge is a “lack of knowledge” defense, which would essentially be making the claim that you were not aware of the manufacturing of dangerous drugs that was occurring on your property. This could very well be the case if you lived with roommates and were not aware of the drug activity they were partaking in. If this is your defense, you will need to provide evidence; for example, drug-making equipment may be checked for fingerprints to ensure that your prints aren’t on them, or you may need to prove that you didn’t have access to the part of the property where the drugs were being manufactured.

Speak With an Attorney Today

Being charged with manufacture of dangerous drugs is a very serious matter and not one that should be taken lightly. If convicted, your future could be seriously affected. For this reason, if you’ve facing this charge, it is imperative that you speak with an attorney who has experience in handling drug charges for defendants. This way, you can receive the legal guidance and defense you need in court, as well as the help in backing up your defense and providing any necessary evidence.

If you need legal representation for your manufacture of dangerous drugs charge, our law office is here to help. Ready to schedule your free consultation? Give us a call today and we would be happy to set up your case evaluation.

Being faced with a criminal charge can be scary, but having the right representation can make all the difference. Schedule your consultation with our team at Dwayne Cates Law Group, PLLC by giving us a call at (855) 965-4522 today.


Customer Service Policy
We practice law the old fashioned way; by putting the client first. Our attorneys and support staff understand the importance of staying in frequent communication with our clients, and we are always willing to provide up-to-the-minute information on the status of our clients’ legal matters. We pride ourselves on offering personal service. We are small enough that you are a person to us, not just a case or file number.
Call Now ButtonSpeak With An Attorney NOW
Get Help Today
close slider