Arizona DUI Laws
You will face Arizona DUI charges if you are caught driving under the following conditions:
- Driving with a BAC of .08 + within 2 hours of driving
- Driving with a BAC of .04 + if you hold a commercial drivers license and are operating a commercial vehicle
- Driving with any metabolite of an illegal substance in your body
- Driving under the age of 21 and with any amount of spirituous alcohol in your body
- Driving impaired to any degree as a result of the use of a substance
Consequences of a DUI conviction vary depending on how many times a person has been caught operating a vehicle while being under the influence and the degree of how intoxicated they are.
Some DUI Statistics
- In 2011, the total number of 1,140 children below the age of 14 were killed in auto accidents. Out of those 1,140 fatalities, 181 occurred in alcohol-impaired-driving accidents.
- The rate of alcohol impairment among drivers involved in fatal auto accidents in 2011 was 4.5 times larger at night than during the day.
- In 2011, 15% of all drivers involved in fatal crashes during the week were alcohol-impaired, compared to 31 percent on weekends.
- In fatal crashes in 2011 the highest percentage of drivers with a BAC level of .08 or higher was for drivers ages 21 to 24.
- The proportion of drivers involved in fatal crashes with BAC levels of .08 or higher was 24% among males and 14 percent among females.
- The percentages of drivers involved in fatal crashes with a BAC level of .08 or higher in 2011 were 29% for motorcycles, 24% for passenger cars, and 21% for trucks.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
2111 E. Highland Avenue, Suite 135
Phoenix, AZ 85016
PHONE (855) 965-4522
FAX (480) 905-3166