Kidnapping is a very serious offense in Phoenix, Arizona. A defense attorney with experience handling these types of cases can help. According to Arizona state statute 13-1304, kidnapping occurs when a person knowingly restrains another person with the intent to:
- Hold the victim for ransom, as a shield or hostage; or
- Hold the victim for involuntary servitude; or
- Inflict death, physical injury or a sexual offense on the victim, or to otherwise aid in the commission of a felony; or
- Place the victim or a third person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury to the victim or such third person; or
- Interfere with the performance of a governmental or political function; or
- Seize or exercise control over any airplane, train, bus, ship or other vehicle.
Contact our Arizona Criminal Lawyers at (602) 296-3434 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Contact Kidnapping Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
Kidnapping is a felony offense in Arizona. Having a felony conviction on your record can change your life forever. That’s why it’s important to contact an Phoenix kidnapping defense attorney as soon as you’ve been arrested. It takes time to develop a strong legal defense for kidnapping and the longer you wait to talk with one of our Phoenix, AZ defense attorneys, the less time your attorney will have to develop a solid defense for you.