If you are in the Phoenix area, or anywhere in the state of Arizona and are charged with a sex crime, contact Cates & Garvey Law Group, PLLC by calling (855) 965-4522.
Sexual Abuse – Potential Consequences for this Criminal Charge for Ages 15 and Younger
If you are charged with sexual abuse against an individual who is under the age of 15, then it will be classified as a class three felony, as well as a Dangerous Crime Against a Child. This is a crime that carries the following potential punishment:
- Minimum time in prison of 2.5 years
- Presumptive in prison of 5 years
- Maximum incarceration period of 7.5 years
If you have been convicted of a similar serious felony in the past, including a DCAC or another serious crime, then the punishment potential increases accordingly. It is as follows if you are in this situation:
- Minimum period of incarceration of 8 years
- Presumptive period of incarceration of 15 years
- Maximum period of incarceration of 22 years
Due to the fact that this is a DCAC crime, the total prison sentence has to be completed in order for the individual to be considered/eligible for release.